Auction Terms & Conditions Terms & Conditions of Sale
1 . The placing of a bid will constitute acceptance of the conditions of sale.
2. All bids are per lot as numbered in the catalog. The auction firm's right is reserved to withdraw any lot or lots and to group two or more lots.
3. Lots are sold to the highest bidder at one advance over the second highest bid. The auctioneer shall regulate the bidding and in the event of any dispute the auctioneer's decision shall be final.
4. The auctioneer shall not be liable for errors and omissions in executing instructions to bid.
5. Unlimited bids and bids believed not to be made in good faith will be respectfully declined.
6. Minimum bid on any lot is $5.00.
7. All lots will be sold at the price for which they are knocked down, plus a commission of (10) ten percent.
8. There is a (3) three per cent surcharge for payments via credit cards.
Payment of Purchases
8. Successful bidders will be notified of lots purchased and must remit payment before lots are delivered.
9. Terms are immediate payment in U.S. funds on receipt of the invoice. Foreign payments may be subject to service charges. Payment by credit card will be subject to a 3% service charge.
10. The mode of shipment shall be at our option unless we are given specific instructions. Shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. Charges are based on the weight and volume of the package. A handling fee of 1.50 is added to each shipment on small items. A handling fee may be greater on bulky items.
11. Successful bidders agree to pay for lots as specified above and no credit is extended. For overdue accounts a late charge of 2% per month (minimum $30.00) will be charged. Accounts are considered overdue after (30) days.
12. Any lot, where the description of which is incorrect, is returnable within ten (10) days of receipt and must be received within four weeks from the date of the auction. All disputed lots must be returned intact in the condition received. The following lots may not be returned without prior approval: Lots containing 6 or more items, lots from buyers who have had the opportunity to examine them before the sale, lots described as having defects or faults may not be returned because of those faults. No illustrated lot may be returned because of centering, margins or other factors shown in the illustrations.
13. All Numismatic & Philatelic lots are sold as genuine but should any lot be proved otherwise by written opinion of any responsible authority acceptable to us, immediate refund of the full purchase price will be made, provided we are notified in writing within 14 days from date of sale that an opinion is being sought. If claim is not made within this period, no lots are returnable for any reason at any time. We will not be responsible for any charges incurred by the buyer for expertization fees and costs unless the opinion states the item is not genuine, in which case we will pay actual costs up to a maximum of $100.00. In the event an item is proved "not as described" it is returnable for a full refund. Any Philatelic lot which has a certificate dated within the last five years is sold in accordance with the certificate and is not returnable for any reason including an opinion obtained in a new certificate after the sale. Moreover, any slabbed coin by any responsible authority acceptable to us, is not returnable based on grade or being genuine.
Model Railroad Material
14. Model Railroad lots are sold "as is".
15. Payment via accepted major credit cards (American Express, Discover, Mastercard & Visa) are subject to a 10% buyer's premium. Payment via Check, Wire Transfer or Cash are subject to a 10% buyer's premium.